Benefits of choosing Virotherapy
Oncolytic virotherapy is a form of cancer treatment that involves
the use of viruses to selectively infect and kill cancer cells. It has several potential
benefits as a treatment option for cancer.
- Targeted cancer cell killing: Oncolytic viruses are specifically designed to infect
and selectively kill cancer cells, while leaving healthy cells unharmed. This targeted
approach is very effective at treating cancer in a safe and well tolerated way. As it is
non-toxic, it has high tolerability and does not induce any severe adverse event. About Virotherapy
- Immune system activation: Oncolytic viruses can stimulate the immune system to attack
cancer cells, both directly (by killing infected cancer cells) and indirectly (by improving
the activity of immune cells and increasing their numbers). It helps to boost body's natural
- Prevention: Oncolytic viruses have oncotropic properties, therefore they are able to
independently find circulating cancer cells in the human body, preventing the spread of
metastases in the early stages.
- Patient-friendly: Because oncolytic virotherapy is targeted and does not affect
healthy cells, the treatment is without significant side effects. Important Safety
- Targeting of immunotherapy and chemotherapy resistant cancer cells: Many cancer cells
are resistant to
immunotherapy and chemotherapy, but may be sensitive to oncolytic viruses. By targeting
these resistant cells, oncolytic virotherapy may help increase therapeutic efficacy.
- Can be combined with other treatments: Oncolytic virotherapy can be used in
combination with other cancer treatments, such as chemotherapy, immunotherapy, hormone
therapy or radiation therapy, to enhance their effectiveness.
- Can be applied from the comfort of your home: Virotherapy does not require special
conditions, prescribed injections should be made regularly according to the guidelines and
immune indicators should be controlled using digital medical devices.
Overall, oncolytic virotherapy is a safe and effective treatment
option for cancer, with the added benefit of activating the immune system to fight the cancer.
It is still an emerging field of study and further research will be provided to discover new
benefits of this treatment.
Let’s take cancer under control!